Dear Warner Parents & Staff,
Warner Unified learned today that a person in our building has tested positive for COVID-19. As suggested by Public Health Agency guidelines, we have:
- Notified all close contacts* to quarantine at home. If you have not been contacted already by the local health department or administration from your school, then you have not considered a close contact and there is nothing more for you to do at this time.
- Established criteria and a date when the individual may return to the site.
- Notified the County Public Health Department and will follow their instructions.
- Conducted a deep cleaning and disinfection of the affected areas.
* Close contact is defined as being closer than six feet for 15 minutes cumulative over a 24 hour period with an infected individual, within 48 hours prior to that person feeling sick or testing positive.
While we understand that you may have questions about who may have tested positive, we are prohibited by law from sharing that information with you. We want to reinforce that the District has taken every precaution to reduce the risk of transmission including conducting daily screening for everyone entering the site, requiring face coverings, using protective barriers, and increasing our disinfecting schedule.
We recommend that you and your family remain vigilant by frequently washing your hands, wearing face coverings, and maintaining physical distancing whenever possible, both in and out of school, which will help us remain open. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
Warner Unified School District
760.782.3517 Ext 217